The Agile Requirements Workshop is a great way to introduce all members of a project community – developers, QA, business analysts, product management, project managers, and managers - to the practice of writing requirements in the form of User Stories.
This workshop is highly interactive and hands-on, applying the theory and concepts as they are introduced. It goes into much more detail about the process of creating and managing User Stories, and how User Stories can be used with other forms of requirements.
Students will come away from the course with concrete skills for creating User Stories, splitting requirements into actionable stories, and an overview of estimation practices.
Course Overview (Download detailed curriculum)
- Introduction to User Stories
- Traditional Requirement Techniques & User Stories:
- Use Cases
- FURPS+ Analysis
- Story Splitting Techniques
- Exercise with a sample system
- Using Story Maps to organize the backlog
- Acceptance Criteria using Specification by Example
- Estimating techniques; planning poker
- Exercise with problems provided by the attendees